This website belongs to a project coordinated by Fundación de la Universidad de Cantabria para el Estudio y la Investigación Financiera (UCEIF), through its Centro Internacional Santander Emprendimiento (CISE).
UCEIF AND THE PRIVACY OF YOUR DATA
UCEIF is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy statement sets out the basis for processing personal information we collect about visitors to our website, our offices, or our contact point for customers, suppliers or other business partners. We therefore ask you to read it carefully.
We can collect and process the following information about you:
1. Information provided to us. This is the information you provide yourself in the following ways:
a) By completing forms on our websites (or other forms we ask you to complete).
b) Providing us with a business card (or similar).
c) Communicating with us by phone, post mail, e-mail or other means.
It may include, for example, your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number; information on your relationship with UCEIF; and information about your job, background and interests.
2. Information on your website and other systems.
a) When visiting our websites, some information about you and your visit is automatically collected, e.g. the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet and other information such as the type and version of the browser and the pages of our website you visit.
b) It is also possible for our websites to download “cookies” on your device, which is described separately in the cookie statement.
3. Additional information. We can also collect information from other sources. For example:
a) If we have a business relationship with the organisation you represent, your colleagues or other professional contacts can provide us with information about you, such as your contact details or your role in this relationship.
1. We can use your information for the following purposes:
a) Operate, administer and improve our websites and establishments, as well as other aspects of how we carry out our operations.
b) Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and take and defend legal action.
c) Carry out, manage, develop and promote our business and in particular our relationship with the organisation you represent (if this is the case) and related transactions (e.g. for marketing purposes).
d) Protect our business from fraud, money laundering, secret disclosure, cyber-attack, theft of private content and other financial or business crimes.
2. From time to time, we can review the information about you that we keep in our systems, including the content and other details of your communications with us by e-mail or other means, to comply with the rules and protect the activity of UCEIF, as described above.
3. Such reviews may be for the purpose of disclosing information relevant to legal proceedings or may affect records relevant to internal or external regulatory or criminal investigations.
4. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, such reviews shall be carried out in a reasonable and proportionate manner and shall be approved at an appropriate management level. They may ultimately involve the disclosure of their information to government bodies and parties involved in legal proceedings, as described below.
5. Sometimes their emails and other communications may be consulted by persons other than the staff member to whom they were posted for common business management purposes (e.g. if necessary because a staff member has left the office or left UCEIF).
6. We will process your personal information only to the extent necessary for the purposes described above and in any case check that such processing is not so detrimental to you or your privacy as to invalidate our legitimate interest in achieving the objectives.
7. In exceptional circumstances, you may be required by law to disclose or process your personal information. When we ask you for personal information, we will inform you whether it is mandatory to provide the information requested in order to comply with a legal obligation or whether, on the contrary, it is voluntary and there will be no consequence if you refuse to do so. In other cases, you must assume that we need the information for our activity or for compliance (as described above).
8. If you have doubts about the need for UCEIF to obtain the information we request, please contact the representative of UCEIF through our Contact for enquiries.
1. With your consent or, as the case may be, under the relevant legal exceptions for legitimate purposes, your personal information could be disclosed to the following recipients:
a) Service providers hosting our websites or other information technology systems, or keeping or processing their information on our behalf, such as Processing Officers, under strict conditions of confidentiality and security.
b) In exceptional cases:
1. Our intention is to ensure that the personal information we have about you is accurate and up-to-date. We will remove information about you that we no longer need.
2. The personal data provided shall be retained for as long as the contractual relationship is maintained (and no erasure is requested by the data subject), and by legal obligation; after this time, we will delete it. Please use the details of the Contact section for more information.
3. Please note that we can keep minimum information about you, although we know that you have left the organisation you represented, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship if we contact again as a representative of a different organisation in the future.
1. You may have the right to access your personal information and certain related information, under data protection rules. You can also ask for inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
2. At any time you can object to the use we make of your personal information for direct marketing purposes and you may under certain circumstances have the right to object to the processing of some or all of your personal information (and to request that we delete it). You may also request a restriction on the processing of your personal data.
3. In certain circumstances you may also have the right to “data portability”, i.e. to request the transfer of your personal data to you or a new service provider.
4. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please use the contact details below.
5. You can also complain about how we process your personal information with the National Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
1. Questions, comments and requests concerning this privacy statement and how we process personal information are welcome.
2. Send an email to the Data Protection Officer, Miguel Miranda Fernández: firstname.lastname@example.org
All future changes to this privacy statement will be published on our website fundacion-uceif.org/politica-de-privacidad/ and will also be available upon request using the contact details:
1. E-mail: email@example.com
2. Address: Avda de los Castros, 44.Centro Desarrollo Tecnológico Universidad de Cantabria (CDTUC) Fase A, Local 108-111. 39005 Santander (Cantabria), Spain
3. Phones: +34 942 888 294
Check regularly if there have been changes